cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <>
Subject Re: [2.2] Runtime deployment
Date Sat, 04 Nov 2006 18:32:53 GMT
Leszek Gawron wrote:
> Not waiting for answers to my post I have removed the support for
> WEB-INF/cocoon/* completely. It's not needed anymore. See
> for changes.
:) You're really quick! You're absolutely right that we don't need these
directories anymore, the only drawback I see right now is the "META-INF"
in the directory path, but I think we can live with that.

>> After mkdir target/project-0.1.0-SNAPSHOT/WEB-INF/cocoon/avalon I get
>> Embedded error: Unable to initialize Avalon component with role
>> org.apache.cocoon.Processor; nested exception is
>> org.apache.avalon.framework.configuration.ConfigurationException: Cannot
>> resolve sitemap.xmap
>> Component with 'org.apache.excalibur.source.SourceFactory/*' is not
>> defined in this service manager. (Key='AvalonServiceManager')
> <.../>
>> I actually have no clue sincce when a lookup with a .../* has been
>> allowed. Anybody esle (Carsten?)
The "*" is the name of the component, there should be a component
definition for this source factory. It's the default source factory
handling the all jdk protocols (file, http etc.)

Carsten Ziegeler - Chief Architect

View raw message