cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Restructuring directory structure[was [Vote] Block artifact directory structure]
Date Sat, 04 Nov 2006 18:28:41 GMT
Leszek Gawron wrote:
>>> To get things going: how do I get access to current cocoon running mode in:
>>> - AvalonElementParser
>>> - SitemapElementParser
>>>
>>> in order to pass it to ConfigurationReader?
>> It seems my knowledge of Spring internals is lacking alot. Reading the
>> code I would say maybe somthing line
>>
>> (Settings)(new RuntimeBeanReference(Settings.ROLE).getSource())
>
> probably not, I need to access the bean itself - not the definition
> metadata. I do not know if that is possible - after all the context
> containing the settings bean is still in creation.

It's not possible to get the settings object in the element parser.
Actually its not possible to access any bean in the parser (and its also
not possible to get the ServletContext). I had a very hard time figuring
a way out of this problem. And I came up with the current solution which
registers special beans which do the work. So the parser only register
beans, pass some configuration information to the beans, but the actual
work is done in the beans when they are instantiated by Spring.

HTH
Carsten
--
Carsten Ziegeler - Chief Architect