cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Fagerstrom <dani...@nada.kth.se>
Subject Re: [2.2] Runtime deployment
Date Sat, 04 Nov 2006 16:58:43 GMT
Leszek Gawron skrev:
> Daniel Fagerstrom wrote:

>>> I still would like 2 things resolved (maybe not directly fixed but at
>>> least addressed somehow):
>>> - running cocoon without servlet context
>>
>> The far easiest way to achieve this is to create a mock servlet
>> context. Only a handful of methods needs implementation that require a
>> non null answer.
>
> Looks it's not that easy after all. My current implementation:

Might be that it will not that easy to create a mock servlet context
that contain exactly what is needed for creating beans in a
XmlWebApplicationContext. In my experience getting the different context
used within Cocoon is never easy. But I can assure you that creating a
mock servlet context is a much simpler solution to the problem that you
want to solve than refactoring Cocoon so that it doesn't depend on
having a servlet context available.

We should of course provide a mock servlet context so that users doesn't
need to implement one themselves.

For the particular problem you get, I would need to see what the
malformed URL looks like to have any clue about what goes wrong.

/Daniel