cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Leszek Gawron <lgaw...@mobilebox.pl>
Subject Re: [2.2] Runtime deployment
Date Sat, 04 Nov 2006 10:40:31 GMT
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> What is missing?
> 1. With the changes from above, Cocoon does not run as an unexpanded war
> file anymore. So I think we should extract the COB-INF directory into
> the temporary directory and mount the blocks from there. This should be
> very simple to change.
> 2. We should check on startup if we need to extract a COB-INF directory
> again. If anyone has a good idea how to check this without too much work
> would be great.
> 3. Update to our deployer plugins (and perhaps archetypes) - we changed
> some directory names and obviously the deployment has changed. So we
> should check if all our plugins, development procedures, archetypes etc.
> are still working. I just tested the core-webapp.

4. now we are unable to override default .xconf files. When they were
unpacked from jar files they could be later on overwritten with own
xconf version (especially useful for trimming down default
cocoon-core-sitemap.xmap which is laaarge). Now there is no such
possibility. The file will at best be loaded _additionally_ to the
original one.

--
Leszek Gawron                                    CTO at MobileBox Ltd.