cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <>
Subject [RT] Shielded classloading
Date Fri, 03 Nov 2006 22:20:56 GMT
Trunk has now this nice feature called shielded classloading (which is
an improved version of the paranoid classloader).

Currently our own plugin moves classes and libs to WEB-INF/cocoon/.
As we got bored by discussing which logging framework to use, I think
it's more fun to discuss directory names/locations these days.

I think it would be better if we use a directory name which is
independent of "cocoon" for this stuff.
a) because shielded classloading is not Cocoon specific - it's used for
the whole webapp.
b) I hope that we get this support into the Maven war plugin some day
and then a more general directory layout would directly fit.

So I propose that we move WEB-INF/classes to WEB-INF/shielded-classes
and WEB-INF/libs to WEB-INF/shielded-libs.

Carsten Ziegeler - Chief Architect

View raw message