cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Alfred Nathaniel <anathan...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Datasource pooling problem
Date Tue, 21 Nov 2006 23:22:50 GMT
On Tue, 2006-11-21 at 02:24 +0100, Philipp Zerelles wrote:
> I tried to use a simple database pool to access my database using ESQL-Logicsheets.
>
> The problem is my pool is not found by the service selector:
> java.lang.RuntimeException: Could not get the datasource org.apache.avalon.framework.service.ServiceException:
Component with role 'org.apache.avalon.excalibur.datasource.DataSourceComponent/' and key
'mysql' is not defined in this service selector. (Key='AvalonServiceSelector')

> The file /org/apache/cocoon/components/database/database.roles contains a role for
> 'org.apache.avalon.excalibur.datasource.DataSourceComponentSelector'
> with a default-class 'org.apache.cocoon.core.container.DefaultServiceSelector'
>
> But this class does not exist, so it seems like the wrong selector is used. The debug
log shows that my pool is definitly loaded.
> Can anybody please tell me what the current class used as component/service selector
for cocoon is? Thanks.

> Philipp

Did you look at http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/developing/datasources.html
how to define the data source in cocoon.xconf?

HTH, Alfred.