cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremy Quinn <jer...@apache.org>
Subject Re: getting started with 2.2
Date Tue, 21 Nov 2006 17:24:49 GMT
Hi Daniel

Many thanks for your reply, sorry it took so long to get back to you.

On 20 Nov 2006, at 21:47, Daniel Fagerstrom wrote:

> Jeremy Quinn skrev:
>> Hi Vadim
>>>
>> I made a new checkout of trunk, then built it like this :
>> $ mvn clean install -Dmaven.test.skip=true
>> Next I ran Jetty from core/cocoon-webapp/ and got the welcome
>> screen with the url :
>>     http://localhost:8888/
>>> Or 'cd dists/cocoon-dist-samples' if you want to see anything
>>> beside 'welcome' page.
>> then I re-ran Jetty from dists/cocoon-dist-samples and I get this :
>> $ mvn jetty:run
>> [INFO] Scanning for projects...
>> [INFO] Searching repository for plugin with prefix: 'jetty'.
>> [INFO]
>> ---
>> [ERROR] BUILD ERROR
>> [INFO]
>> ---
>> [INFO] The plugin 'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-jetty-plugin'
>> does not exist or no valid version could be found
>> [INFO]
>> ---
>> [INFO] For more information, run Maven with the -e switch
>> [INFO]
>> ---
>> [INFO] Total time: 1 second
>> [INFO] Finished at: Mon Nov 20 20:43:55 GMT 2006
>> [INFO] Final Memory: 4M/8M
>> [INFO]
>> ---
>> Any suggestions ?
>
> First the dist samples are not built by default from root, you need
> to add -Dalldists to your mvn comand to build them. Or mvn package
> wiyhin the cocoon-dist-sample directory.
>
> Then the particular error you get is because the pom lacks a plugin
> snippet for Jetty. Copy it from cocoon-webapp and change the
> webAppSourceDirectory element to contain ./target/cocoon-samples.
>
> Now Jetty at least start, but fail after a while for me saying:
>
> Embedded error: Cannot invoke listener
> org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoaderListener@1603522
> org.apache.avalon.framework.configuration.DefaultConfigurationBuilder.
> build(Ljava/io/InputStream;Ljava/lang/String;)Lorg/apache/avalon/
> framework/configuration/Configuration;
>
> Don't know what to do about that :/

I tried what you suggested :

First I recompiled Cocoon 2.2 with all projects :

$ mvn -Dmaven.test.skip=true -Dallblocks clean install

The build was successful.

Next, I copied (and adjusted) the Jetty plugin snippet to dists/
cocoon-dist-sample/pom.xml :

       <plugin>
         <groupId>org.mortbay.jetty</groupId>
         <artifactId>maven-jetty-plugin</artifactId>
         <version>6.0.0rc4</version>
         <configuration>
           <connectors>
             <connector
implementation="org.mortbay.jetty.nio.SelectChannelConnector">
               <port>8888</port>
               <maxIdleTime>30000</maxIdleTime>
             </connector>
           </connectors>
           <webAppSourceDirectory>./target/cocoon-samples</
webAppSourceDirectory>
           <contextPath>/</contextPath>
         </configuration>
       </plugin>

I then run the dists/cocoon-dist-sample :

$mvn jetty:run

<snip/>
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] Webapp source directory /Users/Shared/Development/Checkouts/
Apache/Cocoon/Cocoon_2_2/dists/cocoon-dist-samples/target/cocoon-
samples does not exist

Which is indeed true, the only contents of the cocoon-dist-samples
folder are :
	assembly.xml
	pom.xml
	README.txt

Have I missed a step ?

Thanks

best regards

Jeremy

PS. Should I commit this change to dists/cocoon-dist-sample/pom.xml ?