cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heini...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Using Avalon Components in Spring Components
Date Mon, 30 Oct 2006 13:29:08 GMT
Alexander Klimetschek <alexander.klimetschek <at> mindquarry.com> writes:

> >> But roles are a different concept than bean-ids....
> > Why do you think so?
>
> I am not a Spring expert, but roles have this inheritance concept, and
> bean-ids are merely just IDs, aren't they?

I might be wrong, but there is no real inheritance concept in the Avalon roles.
They just work as IDs. Only with the selector stuff you got some concatenated
IDs of type ROLE + "/" + selectionID, but this is no real inheritance. IIRC this
was also the reason for refraining from selectors as you can use the
concatenated ID as plain ID as well.

Jörg