cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Bertrand Delacretaz" <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Forrest zone auto startup (was: [RANT] The Cocoon website: move on, nothing is happening here)
Date Fri, 20 Oct 2006 06:24:50 GMT
On 10/20/06, David Crossley <crossley@apache.org> wrote:

> ...Forrest doesn't have automatic httpd restart and
> the zones machine goes down a lot...

Note that, altough Solaris apparently has something new and improved,
the old rc*.d stuff does work. On the cocoon zone we have created the
usual apache2 start script links:

/etc/rc0.d/K16apache2
/etc/rc1.d/K16apache2
/etc/rc2.d/K16apache2
/etc/rc3.d/S50apache2
/etc/rcS.d/K16apache2

And they work fine.

Also, if you need to startup non-root stuff automatically, I have
created a script for that on our zone, see
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/COCOON-1923. This is also started
in /etc/rc3.d and calls $HOME/rc/start and $HOME/rc/stop for each user
where these files exist. We use it to start Daisy, the Cocoon demos
and Continuum on our zone, all running under their respective
usernames.

-Bertrand