cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Alexander Klimetschek <alexander.klimetsc...@mindquarry.com>
Subject Re: Improving display of exceptions in blocks framework - ResourceReader
Date Sat, 28 Oct 2006 14:03:37 GMT
Daniel Fagerstrom schrieb:
> Fixed that. I didn't spent much time thinking about exception handling
> in the blocks fw, so patches would be welcome.

Thanks. I did not send a patch since I was waiting for feedback on the
other exception problem with the ResourceReader (below) to have a more
"complete" patch for the problem ;-)

> No idea why the code just swallow the exception. IMO it is a bad idea.
> If there is any sources that throw Exceptions without meaning anything
> with it, it should be fixed there instead.

I totally agree. If the source fails, something is badly wrong and one
should see the exception. Since I improved that exception handling,
developing with the new blocks got much faster since I immediately knew
where to modify my sitemap or stylesheet or whatever.

Alex

--
Alexander Klimetschek
http://www.mindquarry.com