cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Renaud Bruyeron <>
Subject isolate the pipeline "component" from rest of cocoon
Date Fri, 20 Oct 2006 07:42:56 GMT

Hi there,

I have a bit of cocoon knowledge from the 2.0.x days, and I remember
that the whole pipelining system was deeply integrated inside cocoon.

I have a need for an XML pipeline system and cocoon's SAX pipeline
technology is an obvious candidate. However I am not so interested in
the "rest", i.e. the blocks, the servlet integration, etc.
Therefore I would really like to be able to isolate the pipeline from
the rest of cocoon, and be able to configure and instantiate it alone.
I would like to do things like this:

Generator producer = MyFactory.newGenerate(...);
XMLConsumer consumer = MyFactory.newConsumer(...);
pipeline.generate(producer, consumer);

I am willing to dig around in SVN, however it would help a lot with a
few pointers. I could not find anything beyond 2.1.x on the
wiki/official site.

Do you have any pointers to things I should look at in SVN, or even if
what I am asking for is remotely possible?

best regards,

  - Renaud

View raw message