cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jorg Heymans <jheym...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [HEADS-UP] Cocoon 2.2 and java 1.5 revisited.
Date Tue, 10 Oct 2006 21:06:56 GMT
Reinhard Poetz wrote:

>> For 2.2, it would be cool to have this info in the blocks themselves -
>> do the Maven POMs allow for some "JDK requirements" metadata?

not that i know of. There is the <prerequisites> element but that's only
used for the maven version. Nothing prevents us though from just setting
a plain property in the pom as an indication of the jdk version. I don't
see a way of enforcing it ATM.

> You can configure the compiler plugin by setting the source and target
> version of your code. Usually they are set in the root pom but for
> Cocoon it has been commented out for some reasons (Jorg?)

I remember commenting it out a long time ago, probably because at the
time it wasn't decided yet on what JDK 2.2 should be able run. Feel free
to enable it again.

HTH
Jorg