cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Christofer.Dutz@univativ.de" <christofer.d...@univativ.de>
Subject AW: RFC: CForms + Dojo: the way forward
Date Mon, 09 Oct 2006 07:26:54 GMT
Hi,

I am following this discussion since the beginning. There is one thing I don't quite understand.
I had a lot of problems with dojo, because it does a lot of caching on its own. If we package
and compress the scripts on a "per-form-basis" we get tons of different compressed js-files
with lots of redundant code fragments. Each one has to be transferred individually. Wouldn't
it be better to compress each fragment individually so the current loading mechanism is still
used but the resources being loaded are compressed?

Chris

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Lars Trieloff [mailto:lars@trieloff.net]
Gesendet: Freitag, 6. Oktober 2006 20:01
An: dev@cocoon.apache.org
Betreff: Re: RFC: CForms + Dojo: the way forward

Hi Jeremy,

I see the following ways to solve this:
- create a DojoReader that will dynamically compress and aggregate
Javascript on the fly.
- create a Maven Mojo that does the same job as Dojo's ant task, but
this needs to be configured at build time.

The first option needs no build time configuration and it allows to
generate a minimal javascript library file on the fly that needs to
be loaded only once for every configuration of dojo.require
statements. The most important question here is: How do we find out,
what dojo packages are actually required.

Lars