cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremy Quinn <jer...@apache.org>
Subject Re: RFC: CForms + Dojo: the way forward
Date Fri, 06 Oct 2006 18:47:57 GMT

On 6 Oct 2006, at 18:46, hepabolu wrote:

> Jeremy Quinn said the following on 6/10/06 16:42:
>> Hi All
>> We had an informal group discussion on Tuesday at the Hackathon
>> about CForms.
>> The purpose of the discussion was to find a consensus on the
>> direction to take CForms, so that everybody who would like to work
>> on it is hopefully going to take it in the same general direction.
>> These are some of the points that were raised and some of the
>> tentative conclusions we reached.
>
> All these sound very good. I'm not sure if I can help out, but I'll
> contribute to the discussion if necessary.
>
> There is one issue I had/have with dojo that I would love to see
> addressed: dojo cannot be used in XHTML because it relies on
> "dojotype" attributes in various HTML tags.
> When I asked the dojo team they waived the issue with "switch to
> HTML". I don't think that is a valid argument in a Cocoon environment.
>
> It would be great if you/we could find a solution that solves this
> issue.

In XHTML could you not declare the dojo namespace and do this ?

	<dojo:mywidget>blah</dojo:mywidget>
or

I have not tried it.

I have read that instead of using :

you can (or should soon be able to) use a class attribute :

Comment #5 : http://blog.dojotoolkit.org/2005/10/13/new-widgets

I have not tested this.

regards

Jeremy