cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Arje Cahn" <a.c...@hippo.nl>
Subject RE: [RANT] The Cocoon website: move on, nothing is happening here
Date Wed, 18 Oct 2006 13:02:30 GMT

Bertrand said:

> Thanks Arje for starting this thread.

:-)

> And, despite your (justified) negative view on the current
> state of our website, big thanks to those who have been
> investing lots of time trying to make it happen over the
> years. Few of us have been really paying attention, it's easy
> to make a lot of noise now about our site sucking now
> (nothing against you Arje, I'm speaking in general terms).

I totally agree with you. It sure is easy to say the website sucks :)

> I'd suggest
> simply finding a way to make the http://cocoon.apache.org/
> homepage more alive

Yes!

> Add to this a link to a blog aggregator (planetcocoon.org?)
> for cocoon-related posts by members of this community, and
> we'd have much more life on our website already, with little effort.

Absolutely!
But - and I'm gonna be a real pain in the butt about this - it should
*not* be at planetcocoon.org. It should be at cocoon.apache.org. We need
to give visitors something to look at, at the place where they start
looking (see my first email). This is NOT AGAIN another website, it
should be the Cocoon main website.

Arje