cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremy Quinn <jer...@apache.org>
Subject Re: RFC: CForms + Dojo: the way forward
Date Fri, 06 Oct 2006 19:15:25 GMT
Hi Lars

On 6 Oct 2006, at 18:49, Lars Trieloff wrote:

> Hi Jeremy,
>
> I see the following ways to solve this:
> - create a DojoReader that will dynamically compress and aggregate
> Javascript on the fly.

Amazing idea !! :)

> - create a Maven Mojo that does the same job as Dojo's ant task,
> but this needs to be configured at build time.

Yup

It might be more useful to run this on a running Cocoon.
Users might want to use pipelines to produce the static html
templates etc., for their custom widgets, these would also want
'baking in'.

> The first option needs no build time configuration and it allows to
> generate a minimal javascript library file on the fly that needs to
> be loaded only once for every configuration of dojo.require
> statements. The most important question here is: How do we find
> out, what dojo packages are actually required.

Exactly

However, while we work out the best way of doing that, we could
document the existing build system; it should be easy to run a hand-
made profile.

For now users can get the list of loaded packages by turning on debug
in dojo, or looking at the server logs but it would be excellent to
have an automated solution.

regards

Jeremy