cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremy Quinn <jer...@apache.org>
Subject CForms: Upload Repeater
Date Thu, 26 Oct 2006 12:45:38 GMT
Hi All

I am doing some work on CForms.

I have now got AJAX-type submission via IframeIO in Dojo working for
forms that have file-upload controls in them.

I am aiming to get progress-bars working for Upload Widgets in
Cocoon ..... (there is a ProgressBarWidget in the new Dojo 0.4.0 :-) )

But meanwhile, I am trying to get some sort of Upload Repeater
working and I have several problems ......

The usecase is that a user may add a number of file-upload controls
to a repeater, select files for them, then submit them all in one go.

One problem is, that if you have file-upload controls on a form, that
have a file selected, they get submitted when you click on the
repeater's add button, as these action-events submit the whole form.

I would like to change this behaviour but do not know if this will
break some other usecases.

While working on the CForms Widget, to get IframeIO working, I
switched to using Dojo's built-in form preparation code (instead of
cocoon.forms.buildQueryString). Dojo has equivalent method that can
take a filter function as an argument, meaning we could have a
special filter to be used when submitting an action-event.

Can you think of any usecases where sending only the minimal button-
event would break existing CForms functionality ?

Thanks for any suggestions

regards Jeremy