cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremy Quinn <jer...@apache.org>
Subject Re: CForms: Upload Repeater
Date Thu, 26 Oct 2006 14:41:37 GMT

On 26 Oct 2006, at 15:11, Sylvain Wallez wrote:

> Jeremy Quinn wrote:
>> Hi All
>>
>> I am doing some work on CForms.
>>
>> I have now got AJAX-type submission via IframeIO in Dojo working for
>> forms that have file-upload controls in them.
>>
>> I am aiming to get progress-bars working for Upload Widgets in Cocoon
>> ..... (there is a ProgressBarWidget in the new Dojo 0.4.0 :-) )
>>
>> But meanwhile, I am trying to get some sort of Upload Repeater
>> working
>> and I have several problems ......
>>
>> The usecase is that a user may add a number of file-upload
>> controls to
>> a repeater, select files for them, then submit them all in one go.
>>
>> One problem is, that if you have file-upload controls on a form, that
>> have a file selected, they get submitted when you click on the
>> repeater's add button, as these action-events submit the whole form.
>>
>> I would like to change this behaviour but do not know if this will
>> break some other usecases.
>>
>> While working on the CForms Widget, to get IframeIO working, I
>> switched to using Dojo's built-in form preparation code (instead of
>> cocoon.forms.buildQueryString). Dojo has equivalent method that can
>> take a filter function as an argument, meaning we could have a
>> special
>> filter to be used when submitting an action-event.
>>
>> Can you think of any usecases where sending only the minimal
>> button-event would break existing CForms functionality ?
>
> IIRC Dojo's built-in function doesn't allow to specify what input
> triggered the form submit, which is absolutely needed for CForms to
> properly handle fd:submits and fd:actions. Now I haven't looked at
> Dojo
> for quite some time and it may allow it now.

Hi Sylvain

I am not sure I get your point ..... sorry

I do not propose that the behaviour of the full submit button is
changed, only action-submits (maybe only action-submits in
repeaters). In these cases, I am trying to work out if only the
hidden 'forms_submit_id' field could be sent, instead of the whole
form (which gets no validation at this stage anyway).

Alternatively, action-submits could be made to use a special filter
to remove file-upload controls from their submit.

Or am I missing something ? :-)

regards Jeremy