cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Release roadmap
Date Sun, 29 Oct 2006 13:16:52 GMT
Joerg Heinicke wrote:
> On 27.10.2006 20:57, Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
>
>> The release of 2.1.10 should be the last planned release for 2.1.x - we
>> should drop the block sharing between trunk and the branch of the blocks
>> right after the release and continue development of things only in trunk
>> from that point on.
>
> +1
>
>> So my idea is to release 2.1.10 in the midth of November and do at the
>> same time (or even before) a release of 2.2-m2.
>
> +1
>
>> We can then target the final release of 2.2 for December.
>>
>> WE SHOULD REALLY GET 2.2 OUT *THIS YEAR*.
>
> IMHO this is too fast. We did not receive any feedback on the 2.2 stuff
> from any non-committer (only people working with committers). We should
> run through some release candidates first, which gives the users the
> impression of having something at least testable. If we want to push the
> final 2.2 release now and if the current trunk is feature complete, we
> should do a RC 1 release (not another milestone) and see how it is
> accepted. With M2 soon and final release only one month later I feel
> like flying blind ...

+1. let's have some more milestone releases and release candiates before we make
the first official release because all contracts that we establish with an
official release _are_ carved in stone. And as we know it takes a long time to
get rid of badly designed/implemented things again.

                                        web(log): http://www.poetz.cc