cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Release roadmap
Date Sun, 29 Oct 2006 10:40:23 GMT
Nathaniel Alfred wrote:
> +1 to release 2.2-M2
> +1 to release 2.1.10
> +1 to drop block sharing
>
> -1 to put 2.1.x into *pure* bug fixing mode
>
> We should try to attract people to 2.2 rather than pushing them
> away from 2.1 (because they may go somewhere else).
Agreed.

<SNIP/>

> So my proposal is simply use a different wording and to declare 2.1.x
> to be in "maintenance" mode.  Only bug fixing *and minor enhancements*
> will be applied and we continue to make 1-2 releases/year.
Fair enough - in the end we can't enforce people to commit just bug
fixes anyway. And
there is always a thin line between a bug fix, a minor enhancement, a
"not-minor-anymore" enhancement and so on.
I totally agree with your wording - it's far better!

Carsten
http://www.s-und-n.de
http://www.osoco.org/weblogs/rael/