cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heini...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Release roadmap
Date Sat, 28 Oct 2006 11:14:13 GMT
On 27.10.2006 20:57, Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

> The release of 2.1.10 should be the last planned release for 2.1.x - we
> should drop the block sharing between trunk and the branch of the blocks
> right after the release and continue development of things only in trunk
> from that point on.

+1

> So my idea is to release 2.1.10 in the midth of November and do at the
> same time (or even before) a release of 2.2-m2.

+1

> We can then target the final release of 2.2 for December.
>
> WE SHOULD REALLY GET 2.2 OUT *THIS YEAR*.

IMHO this is too fast. We did not receive any feedback on the 2.2 stuff
from any non-committer (only people working with committers). We should
run through some release candidates first, which gives the users the
impression of having something at least testable. If we want to push the
final 2.2 release now and if the current trunk is feature complete, we
should do a RC 1 release (not another milestone) and see how it is
accepted. With M2 soon and final release only one month later I feel
like flying blind ...

Jörg