cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Fagerstrom <dani...@nada.kth.se>
Subject Re: [RANT] The Cocoon website: move on, nothing is happening here
Date Thu, 19 Oct 2006 21:44:27 GMT
Ross Gardler skrev:
> Daniel Fagerstrom wrote:
>> Second we need some (simple) way to suggest news. I think we should
>> suggest possible news items at the dev-list by having a special
>> headers prefix like [news].
>
> I'd suggest just letting (self-registered) people add a news item to
> Daisy. Committers items will be published automatically, others will
> require publication by a committer - in daisy this is just a click of a
> link once logged in.
>
> Posting to the list is just a step too many in my view. Why not put it
> straight in Daisy where it can be edited and published quickly and
> easily. Don't forget Daisy edits are already sent to the docs list.

Sounds good, we should make it as easy as possible to contribute. If
someone is unsure if some material is suitable they can ask on the list.
Otherwise it is just to go ahead and publish it.

I hope that people will post news that are close to being too commercial
;) For such cases we certainly will need to discuss where the limit goes.

>> Third, as the website is our official voice, we need some kind of
>> community oversight. I think lazy consensus should be enough. If no
>> one have protested in maybe three days, we should add the news item to
>> the news page. Of course if someone with marketing skills would like
>> volunteer and take a larger responsibility for creating and editing
>> the news contents that would great.
>
> Sure, this all works fine with direct entry into Daisy rather then on
> the list (where everyone and their dog will chip in but only one or two
> will actually do anything). Daisy can be configured to only publish
> items that were written x days ago, thus automatically allowing for lazy
> consensus.

+1

/Daniel