cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Vadim Gritsenko <va...@reverycodes.com>
Subject Re: Publishing process for cocoon.apache.org
Date Thu, 19 Oct 2006 15:23:20 GMT
Reinhard Poetz wrote:
> hepabolu wrote:
>
>> As said earlier: I volunteer to run the process to publish the site as
>> long as I don't have to do more than start a script, provide a login
>> and password and get clear error messages (preferably none at all)
>> that tell me where to look for the trouble.
>
> I will setup Continuum to publish the 2.2 docs at the zone this week.
> So the question now is: Which process do we want to establish for doc
> publishing?

Can you set it up so that it generates the docs into the svn checkout? The full
procedure could go like this:

[Initial Setup]
1. Checkout cocoon-site with --no-auth-cache
2. Setup $TOOL to (re)generate site periodically into the checkout directory

[Recurring Manual Task]
1. ssh zones
2. cd cocoon-site
3. svn st, svn diff as necessary
4. svn ci with --username and --password

This skips manual copying and complies with infra policies.

Vadim