cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RANT] The Cocoon website: move on, nothing is happening here
Date Wed, 18 Oct 2006 16:14:36 GMT
hepabolu wrote:
> I know that the current process of updating the cocoon.apache.org
> website is cumbersome, but still it's a whole lot better than the
> previous process. I really don't care if it takes one step or twenty, if
> in the end all I need to do is set a timer that reminds me to provide my
> username/password to start the update process every X days, I'd be glad
> to do that.
> However, that doesn't make sense when nobody bothers to write.

And that, as most of us know, is the real problem. It really makes no
difference how easy/hard documentation and publishing is. It just
doesn't happen. For those new to this kind of discussion just check the
archives - the solution proposed is always tools (and I've done it
myself in the past). The new tools arrive and still there is no
documentation.

Ross