cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RANT] The Cocoon website: move on, nothing is happening here
Date Wed, 18 Oct 2006 06:04:33 GMT
Arje Cahn wrote:
> I just have to share my frustrations.

<snip/>

Arje,

I share your frustrations and agree to many of the points you raised. It's not
that nothing happens - Helma and I made good progress at the GT. See
http://cocoon.zones.apache.org/daisy/cdocs/1201.html and
http://people.apache.org/~reinhard/cocoon-docs/1213_1_1.html. We have a working
CMS and an export mechanism based on Maven so that we can meet all requirements
imposed by ASF infra. Read
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?t=115894002200001&r=1&w=2 to find out more about
the details.

In short, *the tools are working*. What we need is help when it comes to edit
and restructure our docs. If you want to join us, just go to
http://cocoon.zones.apache.org/daisy/, look for the part of our documentation
that you want to work on and just do it. BTW, the upcoming main site can be
found at http://cocoon.zones.apache.org/daisy/cdocs-site-main/g1/1213.html. If
you don't have the necessary rights, just let us (me) know.

I agree to all your comments about the up-to-dateness. Yes, we need to be more
dynamic, present news and links to our blogs. I will setup a new homepage in and
news page in Daisy ASAP so you and others get an idea.

We probably need some help when it comes to setup an aggregated Cocoon weblog as
it will be difficult for us to run this kind of stuff. Maybe we can setup the
process on our zone and rsync it from somewhere else. Any ideas?

Finally, yes we were talking about some new fancy design for our website but
that's just a piece of the big picture. Unfortunatly this picture consists of
many pieces and we need help at all ends.

                                        web(log): http://www.poetz.cc