cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Simone Gianni <s.gia...@thebug.it>
Subject Re: The Binding Samples doesn't work
Date Wed, 11 Oct 2006 23:11:37 GMT
Jean-Baptiste Quenot wrote:
> * Vadim Gritsenko:
>

>> Antonio Gallardo wrote:
>>

>>> I  can  confirm  this  error   on  the  cocoon  zones. It  was
>>> not  before, I  suspect  some changes  done  in the  hackathon
>>> intriduced this bug, but I did not check this yet.
>>>
>> EnhancedRepeaterJXPathBinding was the culprit.
>>

> Hi Vadim,
>
> Just curious: if you wrote  an « enhanced » binding, what prevents
> you from replacing the old one?

The enhanced repeater binding, together with the enhanced repeater and
other few classes, add pagination, sorting and filtering to the
repeater, and does not require an identity anymore. It's not yet
completely stable and tested, an didn't want previous repeaters to
break, it could eventually replace the repeater binding when we're sure
it works correctly. In the meanwhile it will (and now thanks to the fix
of Vadim is) simply fall back on the default repeater binding unless and
enhanced repeater is in place.

Documentation is under work.

Simone