cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From hepabolu <hepab...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: RFC: CForms + Dojo: the way forward
Date Mon, 09 Oct 2006 14:15:22 GMT
Jeremy Quinn said the following on 6/10/06 20:47:

> On 6 Oct 2006, at 18:46, hepabolu wrote:
>
>> Jeremy Quinn said the following on 6/10/06 16:42:
>>> Hi All
>>> We had an informal group discussion on Tuesday at the Hackathon about
>>> CForms.
>>> The purpose of the discussion was to find a consensus on the
>>> direction to take CForms, so that everybody who would like to work on
>>> it is hopefully going to take it in the same general direction.
>>> These are some of the points that were raised and some of the
>>> tentative conclusions we reached.
>>
>> All these sound very good. I'm not sure if I can help out, but I'll
>> contribute to the discussion if necessary.
>>
>> There is one issue I had/have with dojo that I would love to see
>> addressed: dojo cannot be used in XHTML because it relies on
>> "dojotype" attributes in various HTML tags.
>> When I asked the dojo team they waived the issue with "switch to
>> HTML". I don't think that is a valid argument in a Cocoon environment.
>>
>> It would be great if you/we could find a solution that solves this issue.
>
> In XHTML could you not declare the dojo namespace and do this ?
>
>     <dojo:mywidget>blah</dojo:mywidget>
> or

Namespaces is not something I create easily, but I'll look into it.

> I have read that instead of using :

> you can (or should soon be able to) use a class attribute :

> Comment #5 : http://blog.dojotoolkit.org/2005/10/13/new-widgets

Hmm. I've read this too, but at the time (about a year ago) not all
dojo-widgets complied to that convention. I'll look into it to see if it
is improved.

In short: I'll see if I can find a solution and let you know/commit it.

Bye, Helma