cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jeroen Reijn <j.re...@hippo.nl>
Subject Re: RFC: CForms + Dojo: the way forward
Date Mon, 09 Oct 2006 08:03:04 GMT
Hi all,

hepabolu wrote:
> Jeremy Quinn said the following on 6/10/06 16:42:
>> Hi All
>>
>> We had an informal group discussion on Tuesday at the Hackathon about
>> CForms.
>> The purpose of the discussion was to find a consensus on the direction
>> to take CForms, so that everybody who would like to work on it is
>> hopefully going to take it in the same general direction.
>>
>> These are some of the points that were raised and some of the
>> tentative conclusions we reached.
>
> All these sound very good. I'm not sure if I can help out, but I'll
> contribute to the discussion if necessary.

Yep me2! I've missed the part where dojo came in untill now, but I would
love to contribute on this part. I'll try to help as much as possible.

> There is one issue I had/have with dojo that I would love to see
> addressed: dojo cannot be used in XHTML because it relies on "dojotype"
> attributes in various HTML tags.
> When I asked the dojo team they waived the issue with "switch to HTML".
> I don't think that is a valid argument in a Cocoon environment.
>
> It would be great if you/we could find a solution that solves this issue.

Ah this sounds interesting and of course this needs to be fixed before
we can use it. So if I understand it correctly, current cforms can't be
used in a XHTML page at the moment?

Reijn