cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <Ralph.Go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: [HEADS-UP] Cocoon 2.2 and java 1.5 revisited.
Date Mon, 09 Oct 2006 06:30:23 GMT
1. I don't see the point. There was a -1 that is unlikely to be changed.
2. Since we will be distributing binaries with Maven - I would think
that as long as all the Cocoon components are compiled with JDK 1.4 and
none of the core dependencies require more than that that things should
be OK.  A Cocoon user who is OK with Java 5 is certainly free to use
Qdox 1.6 (or whatever) in their build and at runtime - assuming, of
course, that the component in question has maintained binary compatibility.

Ralph