cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r453534 - /cocoon/trunk/tools/archetypes/cocoon-22-archetype-block/src/main/resources/archetype-resources/pom.xml
Date Sat, 07 Oct 2006 08:18:11 GMT
Reinhard Poetz wrote:
>>> Currently the deployer extracts the files from COB-INF and META-INF into
>>> the file system (into the web application). We talked about skipping
>>> this step and adding a mechanism to the core of Cocoon which allows to
>>> access the information from within the jar without extracting it.
>>> This should be doable by using the class loader and some detection
>>> mechanism and avoids the deployer plugin. And more important it means
>> Seems like cocoon solutions are always a step ahead my comprehension. Is
>> this really feasible?
>
> Why not?

Giacomo and I talked a little bit about this at the GT and to be honest,
we are not sure if it's 100% feasible, but it should! (I really love
such answers).

We are able to find all jar files containing a COB-INF directory through
the class loader and we should be able to get a stream to this jar.
Then we can just go through the archive, find the files, and register
them somewere.

Carsten
http://www.s-und-n.de
http://www.osoco.org/weblogs/rael/