cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r453534 - /cocoon/trunk/tools/archetypes/cocoon-22-archetype-block/src/main/resources/archetype-resources/pom.xml
Date Fri, 06 Oct 2006 13:57:53 GMT
Leszek Gawron wrote:
>> Hmm, that's bad - I don't see a solution for this now. But we discussed
>> at the GT an alternative handling of our blocks which would make the
>> cocoon:deploy plugin obsolete.
>
> which is ?
:)

Currently the deployer extracts the files from COB-INF and META-INF into
the file system (into the web application). We talked about skipping
this step and adding a mechanism to the core of Cocoon which allows to
access the information from within the jar without extracting it.
This should be doable by using the class loader and some detection
mechanism and avoids the deployer plugin. And more important it means
that adding a block is just dropping a jar file into the WEB-INF/lib
directory which makes using Cocoon even easier - especially if you don't
want to use Maven (I can't imagine that someone does not want to use
maven but anyway...).

Carsten

http://www.s-und-n.de
http://www.osoco.org/weblogs/rael/