cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [2.2] Spring 2.0 final and property handling
Date Fri, 06 Oct 2006 10:08:01 GMT
Reinhard Poetz wrote:

> hmm, why do we have another mechanism for setting properties now?. can't we put
> in all properties into WEB-INF/cocoon/properties?

This was actually my first implementation, but I think there is a
difference between properties which you might want to use for anything
and a mechanism for overriding the configuration of your beans. The
latter is also just for spring (and Avalon).

So we have:
WEB-INF/cocoon/properties - with any properties :)
WEB-INF/cocoon/spring/*.xml         Spring bean definitions
WEB-INF/cocoon/spring/*.properties  Spring bean configurations

The difference might be subtle but I think we should keep this separate.
But of course this is not carved in stone yet, so we can change it in
every way we can agree on.

Carsten
http://www.s-und-n.de
http://www.osoco.org/weblogs/rael/