cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Fagerstrom <dani...@nada.kth.se>
Subject Re: svn commit: r453409 - in /cocoon/branches/BRANCH_2_1_X: src/java/org/apache/cocoon/components/flow/FlowHelper.java src/java/org/apache/cocoon/components/flow/util/PipelineUtil.java status.xml
Date Fri, 06 Oct 2006 09:35:42 GMT
Joerg Heinicke skrev:
> On 06.10.2006 00:57, Antonio Gallardo wrote:
>
>>> Why actually? What has unwrap to do with pipeline processing? If it
>>> is because it is only used there then it makes only sense to move it
>>> there if you also make it private. Otherwise it is a public method
>>> and it should be seen in a more API-POV, i.e. where it makes sense
>>> in the bigger picture. Nobody will find unwrap in PipelineUtil as
>>> nobody will search there I fear.
>>
>> I tend agree with you. I just back ported the code from cocoon 2.2 to
>> make sure forms block works on cocoon 2.1. I just followed
>> recommended instructions, since I am not aware of the impact of this
>> change in the trunk. I suspect it is because the rhino dependency was
>> moved out from core to the flowscript block or so. Perhaps Daniel can
>> tell you more about the decision.
>
> Ah, ok, didn't know that original cause. But my point still stands. I
> wonder if you need the FlowHelper at all when not using flow script,
> i.e. why it is in core? On the other hand javaflow block needs
> flowscript block. Everything kind of strange, isn't it?
The FlowHelper is used in a number of places in cocoon-core and doesn't
(after the removal of unwrap) contain anything flowscript specific so it
made sense to keep it in core.

For the JavaFlow the Abstract.Contunable.processPipelineTo uses
PipelineUtil.processToStream, it might be a good idea to copy the code
to JavaFlow to get rid of the dependency on Floscript.

The PipelineUtil in its current form depends on Rhino. Mabe the non
Rhino dependent code could be moved to the core, but I don't know if it
would be worthwhile.

The main point with the move of PipelineUtil and the unwrap method, was
that I wanted to get rid of the dependency on Rhino in core.

/Daniel