cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Antonio Gallardo <agalla...@agssa.net>
Subject Re: svn commit: r453409 - in /cocoon/branches/BRANCH_2_1_X: src/java/org/apache/cocoon/components/flow/FlowHelper.java src/java/org/apache/cocoon/components/flow/util/PipelineUtil.java status.xml
Date Thu, 05 Oct 2006 22:57:28 GMT
Joerg Heinicke escribió:
> On 06.10.2006 00:32, antonio@apache.org wrote:
>
>> <action dev="AG" type="update">
>> Deprecate method
>> org.apache.cocoon.components.flow.FlowHelper.unwrap(Object). This method
>> will be removed in 2.2 release. Use
>> org.apache.cocoon.components.flow.util.PipelineUtil.unwrap(Object)
>> instead.
>> </action>
>
> Why actually? What has unwrap to do with pipeline processing? If it is
> because it is only used there then it makes only sense to move it
> there if you also make it private. Otherwise it is a public method and
> it should be seen in a more API-POV, i.e. where it makes sense in the
> bigger picture. Nobody will find unwrap in PipelineUtil as nobody will
> search there I fear.

I tend agree with you. I just back ported the code from cocoon 2.2 to
make sure forms block works on cocoon 2.1. I just followed recommended
instructions, since I am not aware of the impact of this change in the
trunk. I suspect it is because the rhino dependency was moved out from
core to the flowscript block or so. Perhaps Daniel can tell you more
about the decision.

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo.