cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From hepabolu <hepab...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [RT] User poll to find unused components
Date Tue, 03 Oct 2006 11:35:11 GMT
Sylvain Wallez said the following on 3/10/06 13:26:
> Geert Josten wrote:
>>> +1 for the blocks, because it simplifies the stay/leave
>>> selection. In a
>>> later stage the poll can be repeated per block for the
>>> individual components.
>>>
>>> I also suggest to ask for a TOP 5 and create a TOP 10 from
>>> that to cater to a larger population.
>>>
>> How about letting users classifying blocks as used:
>>  a) always,
>>  b) often (most of the time),
>>  c) rarely (only once or twice)?
>>
>> (and asking them how many webapps they have build using Cocoon)
>>
>> Sounds more informative to me than a top 5..
>>

> Sure. Defining the top 10 or top 5 is then the result of aggregating and
> compiling all information provided by users.

First off: I definitely agree that more information gives a more
informative choice. However, it's no problem to ask a lot of information
of the users, but we have to make the process quick and easy. Defining a
top 5 of your favorite blocks is a quick response to a mail. Walking
through a list of predefined blocks and adding a, b, or c takes more
time and I do hope that people will take the time to walk through them.

If we want the abc options, we need to carefully construct the poll to
avoid putting off people.

Bye, Helma