cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heini...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: [CFORMS] Template priority problems fix with saxon
Date Tue, 03 Oct 2006 08:06:56 GMT
On 02.10.2006 15:05, Christofer.Dutz@univativ.de wrote:

> One of the patches was a change of template priorities in the
> forms-field-styling.xslt  If this isn't applied, I get
> Abiguous Template errors from Saxon.
>
> <xsl:template match="fi:styling/@*" mode="styling">
>
> Has to be changed to:
>
> <xsl:template match="fi:styling/@*" mode="styling" priority="-1">
>
> And this bug is resolved.

I would not call this a bug, it's just another way of confirming to the
spec. It says [1]:
"It is an error if this leaves more than one matching template rule. An
XSLT processor may signal the error; if it does not signal the error, it
must recover by choosing, from amongst the matching template rules that
are left, the one that occurs last in the stylesheet."

But I don't like influencing the priority as it might break other
stylesheets extending our ones. Not only once, but regularly. This can
happen if we add a new template rule and have to adapt priority again.
But probably this is not that much a matter anymore as there are already
so many @priority's added.

I only wonder with which template it conflicts. All others have
specified the attribute name and should so be more specific. Does this
occur only with a specific version of Saxon? Is everybody using Saxon in
need for such a patch?

Jörg

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/xslt#conflict