cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylv...@apache.org>
Subject Re: CForms: on-action handling
Date Sun, 01 Oct 2006 08:48:42 GMT
Simone Gianni wrote:
> Hi Vadim,
> I can't remember, but without validating before executing it's
> possible to make buttons like "Fill with default values" or "Use the
> same address for delivery" which could not be possible if the form
> gets validated before performing the action. Wasn't there a
> validate="true|false" attribute on actions?

Yup, you're right. Actions can change the contents of the form, and thus
validation occurs after actions are run.

As for the validate="true|false", it is meant to allow actions that
should exit form.show() without even trying to validate. This for
actions such as "cancel".

--
Sylvain Wallez - http://bluxte.net