cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Lars Trieloff <l...@trieloff.net>
Subject Re: CForms: Upload Repeater
Date Thu, 26 Oct 2006 13:38:41 GMT
Hi Jeremy,

> I have now got AJAX-type submission via IframeIO in Dojo working
> for forms that have file-upload controls in them.

Great.

> But meanwhile, I am trying to get some sort of Upload Repeater
> working and I have several problems ......
>
> The usecase is that a user may add a number of file-upload controls
> to a repeater, select files for them, then submit them all in one go.
>
> One problem is, that if you have file-upload controls on a form,
> that have a file selected, they get submitted when you click on the
> repeater's add button, as these action-events submit the whole form.

This applies only to non-AJAX forms, I suppose.

> I would like to change this behaviour but do not know if this will
> break some other usecases.

Why do you want to change the behaviour? I think it is the common
behaviour in all non-ajax-enabled upload forms, so I don't see the
need. In your case you would, prior to uploading get the file names
from all upload fields in the repeater that already have a value,
store it in a hidden field, clear the original upload field, send it
to the server and when the server responds, you will copy the file
names from the hidden fields to the upload fields, right? What
happens if JS is deactivated?

Lars
--
Lars Trieloff