cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <>
Subject Re: [SITE] - Contributions to this relase....
Date Tue, 31 Oct 2006 01:06:09 GMT
Antonio Gallardo wrote:
> In we read for each release:
> <snip>
>      Contributors to this release
> We thank the following people for their contributions to this release.
> This is a list of all people who participated as committers:
> [Committer's list]
> This is a list of other contributors:
> [contributor's list]
> </snip>
> I wonder if we can improve the sentence: "This is a list of other
> contributors:" In particular I don't like the "other contributor"
> concept. Perhaps it is because I am no a native english speaker.
> Perhpas we should review the whole section.

This is generated by the Forrest plugin "projectInfo" from
the data in cocoon/site/status.xml

It says "other contributors" because "committers" are
contributors but these other people are contributors
but are not "committers". I had tried my best to get
that English correct. If people think that they can do
better then please send a patch to the Forrest sources.

It is very important to acknowledge everyone who is involved,
otherwise a community cannot be built.

View raw message