cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Re: imageop-block in 2.2
Date Wed, 25 Oct 2006 14:21:13 GMT
On Tuesday 24 October 2006 15:55, Geert Josten wrote:
> Hi Niclas,
>
> >  1. Rotation of images will not produce the expected result.
> > I never managed to figure out how to make it work, and
> > probably need to dig deeper into the Java2D stuff (not my ball game).
>
> I have been experimenting myself with making the image reading rotate
> images. I added this helper function, that does the tricky part. Note
> that I decided to do rotation in steps of 90 degrees to keep things
> simple.. ;-)

The problems with the rotations are related to;

 a) clipping (can't remember if it happened for N * 90 rotations as well),
 b) 'black' and not 'transparent' in the areas the image no longer occupy.

AffineTransform for rotating any angle is not the problem, but I think one
need to prepare the space needed before the rotation is executed. I spent
quite alot of time on it, but in the end we didn't need it so I dropped it
altogether.

Cheers
Niclas