cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Re: [RANT] The Cocoon website: move on, nothing is happening here
Date Wed, 18 Oct 2006 07:35:00 GMT
On Wednesday 18 October 2006 03:51, Steven Noels wrote:
> What those Belgian guys
> however (in)frequently murmured amongst themselves was: why the
> stupid fixation with SVN as a required content repository for
> official ASF documentation sites? Why can't cocoon.apache.org simply
> be a proxy for http://cocoon.zones.apache.org/daisy/documentation/ ?

I think it is related to the principles of primary resources;
 - mailing lists
 - subversion
 - ?

which infrastructure works hard to make sure are operational, backed-up,
fail-over, disaster planning et al. Wiki and other stuff is not considered
primary, and doesn't enjoy the attention of the infrastructure folks.

Cheers
Niclas