cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jean-Baptiste Quenot <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Closing JIRA issues
Date Wed, 11 Oct 2006 07:41:09 GMT
* Antonio Gallardo:

> > Jean-Baptiste Quenot closed COCOON-1774.
> >
> >    Resolution: Won't Fix
> >
> > Please reopen the  issue if the problem persists  with the new
> > Dojo stuff.  Thanks!
>
> I don't think it is the  best way to close bugs. IMHO, the first
> part of a  problem resolution is the  problem identification and
> an open issue without a  patch provides this first part. I would
> left  open this  bug (and  onther of  the current  closed) until
> somebody comes with a solution. I don't know if you talked about
> this in GT2006, but if jira now becomes only a patch repository,
> I will  like to know. At  least we  should vote for  this policy
> change. Please don't take it personally. ;-)

Hello Antonio,

Sorry for the late reply, I missed your comment.  Here is an
explanation, I'm closing issues when:

* it has been sitting in JIRA for a very long time
* it is in « Feedback Required » state and reporter did not reply
  for a long time
* no patch was provided
* none of the Cocoon developers contributed to fix this issue or
  one of the developers says issue is already fixed

I think there is no good reason to keep the issue open forever if
no one intends to work on it, especially as the JIRA is full of
these.

BTW I discussed this with Vadim at the Hackathon.
--
     Jean-Baptiste Quenot
aka  John Banana Qwerty