cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jean-Baptiste Quenot <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: RFC: CForms + Dojo: the way forward
Date Fri, 06 Oct 2006 20:45:42 GMT
Hello Jeremy,

This is a nice CForms roadmap indeed.  See my comment below:

* Jeremy Quinn:

> 3. We have  two templating systems, there  are incompatibilities
> between them and different capabilities, can we deprecate one?
>
> Conclusion: the  JXMacro generation  technique seems to  be more
> popular and capable. We should if  possible deprecate the use of
> the FormsTransformer,  adding any  missing functionality  to the
> JXMacro lib. Before we decide this,  we need an accurate idea of
> all compatibility  and any  performance differences  between the
> two. We need to write some docs explaining the migration path.

The old  JXTemplateGenerator is the cause  of performance problems
when  using  the  CForms's   JX  macros.   So  deprecating  CForms
transformer also means switching from the old JXTG to the new one.
--
     Jean-Baptiste Quenot
aka  John Banana Qwerty