cocoon-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Jörg Heinicke (JIRA) <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] Updated: (COCOON-1881) Xinclude transformer has changed behaviour with Saxon 8.7.1
Date Thu, 12 Oct 2006 08:01:36 GMT
     [ http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/COCOON-1881?page=all ]

Jörg Heinicke updated COCOON-1881:
----------------------------------

    Component/s: - Components: Sitemap
                     (was: Blocks: (Undefined))

> Xinclude transformer has changed behaviour with Saxon 8.7.1
> -----------------------------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: COCOON-1881
>                 URL: http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/COCOON-1881
>             Project: Cocoon
>          Issue Type: Bug
>          Components: - Components: Sitemap
>    Affects Versions: 2.1.8, 2.1.10-dev (current SVN)
>            Reporter: Philip Fennell
>         Attachments: xinclude.tar.gz
>
>
> With Windows XP sp2, Cocoon 2.1.8, Tomcat 5.5 and Saxon 8.6.1 or 8.7 configured as the
default XSLT transformer I was able to embed xi:include instructions within source documents
and have Cocoon's Xinclude processor resolve the URL (relative to the source document) correctly.
> e.g.
> <xi:include href="../../content/resources/site/login.xml">
>   <xi:fallback>login.xml not included.</xi:fallback> </xi:include>
> However, when I moved to Saxon 8.7.1 (and also with 8.7.3) the xinclude fails to locate
the referenced file unless I change the href attribute so that the url is relative to the
current Cocoon context.
> e.g.
> <xi:include href="content/resources/site/login.xml">
>   <xi:fallback>login.xml not included.</xi:fallback> </xi:include>
> Important Note:
> ===============
> It is important to understand that I am 'NOT' using Cocoon to process the requested document
but rather to process the request (by using Cocoon's request generator) information itself,
which includes a refernece to the original requested document. The request info is transformed
into an 'envelope' containing the request parameters, HTTP header info and an interface definition
file that may contain xi:include instructions that reference additional static content. It
is these xi:include instructions that are at the centre of the problem. The example is in:
> xinclude/interface/config/login.xml
> The Cocoon pipeline match that does all the work can be found starting at line 182 of
sitemap.xmap.
> During the processing, the requested content and referenced content merged and transformed
into XHTML within the main rendering transform:
> xinclude/interface/transforms/xhtml/screen.xsl
> ===============
> To run the test webapp that I have attached you will need to set-up Cocoon as follows:
> 1) Add the following lines to cocoon/WEB-INF/cocoon.xconf:
>   <component logger="core.xslt-processor"
>       role="org.apache.excalibur.xml.xslt.XSLTProcessor/saxon"
>       class="org.apache.excalibur.xml.xslt.XSLTProcessorImpl">
>     <parameter name="use-store" value="true"/>
>     <parameter name="incremental-processing" value="false"/>
>     <parameter name="transformer-factory" value="net.sf.saxon.TransformerFactoryImpl"/>
>   </component>
> after the Xalan component declaration.
> 2) Get Saxon 8.7 and 8.7.3 from http://www.saxonica.com/ and place the following jars
in cocoon/WEB-INF/lib
> saxon8.jar
> saxon8-dom.jar
> saxon8-xpath.jar
> 3) Unpack the attached ZIP file (xinclude.zip) in your cocoon directory
> 4) Use the following link to access the test page:
> http://localhost:8080/cocoon/xinclude/interface/config/login.html
> (Depending on host and port number etc you may need to tweak this url.)

-- 
This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
-
If you think it was sent incorrectly contact one of the administrators: http://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/Administrators.jspa
-
For more information on JIRA, see: http://www.atlassian.com/software/jira

       

Mime
View raw message