cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Giacomo Pati <>
Subject Re: XPatch support for maven-cocoon-deployer-plugin
Date Mon, 04 Sep 2006 19:29:22 GMT

On Mon, 4 Sep 2006, Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

> Date: Mon, 04 Sep 2006 09:46:59 +0200
> From: Carsten Ziegeler <>
> Subject: Re: XPatch support for maven-cocoon-deployer-plugin
> Leszek Gawron wrote:
>> Just a few examples of what can be currently achieved only by patching:
>> - tweaking store janitor
>> - configuring transient store max objects
>> - configuring continuations manager
> These three things could be configured through properties I guess. So
> there shouldn't be a need for patching.
>> - you won't even be able to define a new cforms widget definition
>> because they don't use the new service selector that allows to span
>> components over several files.
>> While some things are trivial to fix some are not and all definitely
>> need some committer attention. The problem with declaring widgets in
>> other files is probably a year old.
> Yes, I think cforms in general is the hardest bit: it's not possible for
> exampe to add a converter to a datatype without patching. We should
> definitly come up with a better configuration which does not require any
> patching just for adding new widgets, converters etc.

I'm quite -0 on that xpatch support. I don't see the benefit.

I support the idea of rewriting how cform should be configures to
allow easy additions of additional Converter Datatypes etc. and am
with Carsten on the rest being property driven.

- --
Giacomo Pati
Otego AG, Switzerland -
Orixo, the XML business alliance -