cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jorg Heymans ...@domek.be>
Subject Re: Maven info wanted
Date Thu, 28 Sep 2006 21:37:54 GMT
On 28 Sep 2006, at 21:16, Reinhard Poetz wrote:

> Daniel Fagerstrom wrote:
>> The simplest solution to that is that we just create a new catalog
>> named e.g. optionalblocks and move all of the blocks but the few
>> that actually are actively developed or used from blocks to
>> optional blocks. Then we don't have the optionalblock module as
>> part of the main pom. This would cut down the build time quite a
>> lot for the majority of developers. And by making the
>> optionalblocks being built by continuum we still keep track on
>> that we don't happen to break it.
>
> agreed

+1. This has been suggested a few times before IIRC, but we called it
"deciding which blocks are core and which ones aren't " back then.

Any objections in doing this still before the hackathon? I think it
would be beneficial to all wanting to give the maven build a spin
during the hackathon. I suggest we start by moving all blocks that
haven't been released yet, we can argue about the which other ones to
include later.

Jorg