cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Christofer.Dutz@univativ.de" <christofer.d...@univativ.de>
Subject [AJAX] cocoon.ajax.periodicalUpdate and IE caching problems
Date Wed, 20 Sep 2006 13:02:39 GMT
Hi,

I already posted this to the user list, but I think it is supposed to go to this list.

I had some problems using the internet explorer in conjunction with the periodicalUpdate functionality
(Mozilla worked fine). The result was that the update worked fine the first time it was executed
and never again. If you manually cleared the cache again one update was done. You have to
modify a file inside the cocoon-ajax-block.jar here the org\apache\cocoon\ajax\resources\js\common.js
file has to be updated.

        dojo.io.bind({

                url: href,

                load: function(type, data, evt){

                    insertion(target, data);

                },

                mimetype: "text/plain

                // TODO: add an error-handling function

            });

Has to be changed to:

        dojo.io.bind({

                url: href,

                load: function(type, data, evt){

                    insertion(target, data);

                },

                mimetype: "text/plain",

                useCache: false,

                preventCache: true

                // TODO: add an error-handling function

            });

With this small change the periodicalUpdate seems to work fine. Since caching does not really
make sense in this case, it might be useful changing this in the main cocoon distribution.

Regards,

     Christofer

[ c h r i s t o f e r   d u t z ]

IT-Berater

univativ GmbH & Co. KG

Robert-Bosch-Str. 7, 64293 Darmstadt

fon: 0 61 51 / 66 717 - 21

fax: 0 61 51 / 66 717 - 29

email: christofer.dutz@univativ.de

http://www.univativ.de

Darmstadt, Stuttgart, Karlsruhe, Düsseldorf