cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Jeroen Reijn" <j.re...@hippo.nl>
Subject RE: [OT] How to limit the number of concurrent requests per httpd VirtualHost?
Date Fri, 29 Sep 2006 15:10:46 GMT
Hi Bertrand,

yes this is possible within mod_proxy since 2.2 as you probably might have noticed, so I guess
the it's time to upgrade ;-)

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/mod_proxy.html#proxypass

Regards,

Jeroen Reijn

-----Original Message-----
From: bdelacretaz@gmail.com [mailto:bdelacretaz@gmail.com]On Behalf Of
Bertrand Delacretaz
Posted At: Friday, September 29, 2006 4:22 PM
Posted To: Cocoon Dev List
Conversation: [OT] How to limit the number of concurrent requests per
httpd VirtualHost?
Subject: [OT] How to limit the number of concurrent requests per httpd
VirtualHost?

Hi,

This is slightly OT, but I guess others have had the same concern so
why not try ;-)

I've got several instances of Cocoon running behind a common httpd
server via virtual hosts and mod_proxy.

I'd like to make sure that no more than N simultaneous requests hit
each of these Cocoon instances, to avoid the case where one instance
gobbles up all the available connections.

Ideally, requests over N should get a "500 - server too busy"
MaxClients directive doesn't work for this IIUC, it's only usable at
the global level.

Has anyone got experiences to share? It looks like mod_tsunami would
help, but we're running httpd 2.0.49, upgrading to 2.2.x soon, and
it's for 1.3.x only.

-Bertrand

[1] http://bertrand.demiddelaer.org/mod_tsunami/