cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Rice Yeh" <rice...@gmail.com>
Subject Experiences on integrating cforms and other frameworks like hibernate
Date Tue, 12 Sep 2006 17:58:45 GMT
Hi,
  I am starting to use cform to implement web application and I have applied
MVC design pattern to the domain problems based on cocoon and cforms. I
separate sitemaps into 2 types. The first type is the controller which
invokes functions in javascript. The second type is the view that is invoked
by functions in javascript to show gui to users. Then I come to a problem
that although cocoon 2.2 has spring  framework in place but I cannot use it
to set  transaction attributes declaratively supported by spring framework
because I cannot use functions in javascript as join point. Actually, I like
to write flow-like business logics in javascript functions. It is so
straight with the help of flowscript. I treat each function in javascript
like a flow in a use case. However, many techniques used to work in java
language has to be reconsidered like to the above example. For the above
example, I am considering to use aspectj or spring aop to advice the
map:call (of coure, its java implememtation) to begin a transaction and the
sendPage() to commit the transaction based on a parameter passed within
map:call which tells the code in the advice whether the javascript function
needs a transaction.

The most examples I can get in cform are not needed to access db. So could
you guys share your experiences on integrating cforms and other frameworks
like hibernate and springframework?

Regards,
Rice