cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Savory <and...@luminas.co.uk>
Subject Re: Maven dictatorship and software parasitism (was Re: Maven info wanted)
Date Fri, 29 Sep 2006 14:07:04 GMT
Hi,

Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
> On 9/29/06, Carsten Ziegeler <cziegeler@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> ...(And yes, we are
>> using a company repository)...
>
> I'm still a Maven novice, but it sounds like this is a key point.
> Maybe setting up our own repository for Cocoon would help a lot.

We[1] volunteered the capacity for this, but this only puts a temporary
plaster on the real problem - which from my point of view seemed to be
that maven does not handle repository interaction gracefully (e.g. no
caching of available files, no error handling on timeouts, broken
partial downloads that then cause builds to fail).

[1] http://www.sourcesense.com/

Thanks,

Andrew.
Tel: +44 (0)870 741 6658  Fax: +44 (0)700 598 1135
Web: http://www.luminas.co.uk/
Orixo alliance: http://www.orixo.com/